Installation Guide Visual studio
This article guides you through the installation of STweep for TwinCAT in Visual Studio. For installation in TwinCAT XAE Shell see this article.
- Download STweep for TwinCAT from the releases page.
- Close all running instances of visual studio.
- if the VSIX file is associated with Visual Studio double click the file and follow the installation instructions on screen.
- if the VSIX is not associated with Visual Studio:
- Right mouse click on the download VSIX file.
- Open with > Choose another app > More App> Look for another app on this pc > locate your Visual Studio Vsix installer. This is typically in the installation folder/COMMON7/IDE For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VSIXInstaller.
- Open the package with the VSIX installer and follow the instructions on screen.
- Open Visual Studio and load a PLC project to test STweep for TwinCAT.
- Check your license under STweep > License.