Installation Guide Twincat XAE Shell
This article guides you through the installation of STweep for TwinCAT in TwinCAT XAE Shell. For installation in Visual Studio see this article.
- Download STweep for TwinCAT from the releases page.
- Check if windows blocked the downloaded package: Right mouse click on the downloaded file > Properties >Unblock > Accept.
- Close all instances of TwinCAT XAE shell.
- Unpack the VSIX package with for example Winrar.
- Locate your TwinCAT XAE Shell installation folder (common: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Beckhoff\TcXaeShell\”).
- Navigate to %InstallationFolder%/Common7\IDE\Extensions.
- Add a new folder called: ‘STweep’.
- Copy the contents of the unpacked VSIX package to the new created folder.
- Open TwinCAT XAE shell and load a project to test STweep for TwinCAT.
- Check your license under on STweep > License.