GeBa Engineering who is responsible for compliance with data protection legislation. GeBa Engineering is primarily responsible for exercising of the rights of data subjects and providing information about data processing.
GeBa Engineering Product. Any software product owned or created by GeBa Engineering.
GeBa engineering Website. Any website that is the property of GeBa Engineering.
Personal Data means any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Why We Collect Data and What We Collect
We collect data for various reasons, such as:
a) To provide you with software, services, or information. We may collect data which are required to provide you with the software, support, and services, including checking for license validation and updates, provision of support, reporting of issues and bugs, and other processing connected with the use of GeBa Engineering software, services, or information. We may use collected data in our development and testing of products and services. You explicitly fill in the data required for you to receive the software, support, or services, whether you purchase or use GeBa Engineering products, register for a webinar, participate in a survey, and/or subscribe to receive marketing and/or technical information and content, or these data are collected in the course of use of GeBa Engineering products. We may use third party service providers, acting as data processors, to assist us in providing GeBa Engineering Products to you or in our operations. For example, we may use third party service providers to provide data storage and backup services. With your consent, your Personal data may also be transferred to third party service providers, acting as separate data controllers, who provide products and services complementary to GeBa engineering products (further data processing performed by these service providers is governed by their privacy policies). The legal basis for this data processing is performance of contract between you and us.
b) To protect us from piracy and unlawful use of our software or services. We may collect data which are required to protect us from any piracy, unlawful, or unauthorized use of our software or services, or which are necessary to ensure the security of our software or services, including both data provided by you (see above) and data collected in the course of use of GeBa Engineering. The legal basis for this data processing is GeBa Engineering’ legitimate interest in protection from piracy and unlawful use of GeBa Engineering software and services.
c) To improve our offerings based on usage. We may collect data based on your use of GeBa Engineering and services, and we do not associate these data with your name. We use these data to better understand the usage patterns of our products and the behaviors of our collective audience. At times we may share this information in aggregated anonymous form with third parties. The legal basis for this data processing is our legitimate interest in improving our software and services.
You may object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes b) to e) at any time.
Categories of data involved in data processing include:
- email address,
- phone number,
- IP address,
- SSH public key,
- physical address,
- information about subscription and payments,
- tax ID,
- data about usage of Geba engineering products and services,
- comments, voluntarily provided feedback, and any data provided in survey responses,
- data in issue reports pertaining to GeBa Engineering products and services.
Where appropriate, we will prompt you to give us your consent to the collection and processing of your data as described above. This may happen within GeBa Engineering Products, on GeBa Engineering’s Website, or in another environment set up by GeBa Engineering, always in a clear and conspicuous manner. You can manage your data and opt-outs as described in the Transparency section below.
Our products and services are not designed for and are not offered to children under the age of 13. If we discover that a person under the age of 13 has submitted information directly to us, we will endeavor to delete the information from our systems.
To respect your privacy, before using your personal data, we will inform you about the categories of data we collect and the purposes we use them for. We will also inform you about the data management options that you may have. Should you wish to access and manage your data, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may share your data with certain third parties which help us provide you with GeBa Engineering Products or services, or to run our business, for example to providers of data storage and backup services. We may also share your data with individual representatives of your company.
Your personal data may also be shared with other organizations or individuals if we have obtained your consent to do so.
We may also share your data with certain third parties if we are obliged to do so under applicable legislation (especially with tax authorities or with other government bodies exercising their statutory powers) or if such sharing is necessary to achieve the purposes defined above (especially with government bodies or with parties harmed as a result of violations of applicable laws).
To adhere to the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), we hereby notify you that GeBa Engineering will not a) retain, use, sell, or otherwise disclose any Personal Data for any purpose other than to provide the Products and services specified in the Subscription Agreement; or b) retain, use, sell, or disclose such Personal Data outside of the direct relationship between Customer and GeBa Engineering.
To secure your personal data, our products and services are designed with security and privacy in mind.
We encrypt your data in transfer and at rest where it is technically feasible. External web resources are protected by SSL encryption.
Data retention, withdrawal of approval, access to data and your rights
If at any time you choose to cease using GeBa Engineering, you may ask for your data to be removed from our servers by sending a request to email@example.com After the data removal, we may keep pseudonyms of your personal data solely for a record about the data removal. Generally, we retain your data as long as we need to in order to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. We may retain your information if it is required to comply with legal obligations We may also have copies of your information in application logs, weblogs, and/or backups made for security and support purposes These backups will not be accessible as separately delineated information. We may store data pertaining to a customer or user for as long as they are entitled to a license or usage of GeBa Engineering Products. Further, we may keep the data to protect ourselves from damage in case of litigation in accordance with the current legislation. Please note, however, that you must retain a copy of all data that you have placed on our servers in the case of any loss; further, if you cease using our software and/or services, we will not be responsible for retention of any of your data.
As permitted by applicable law, EU residents may request a copy of the information that we hold about them. To do so, contact firstname.lastname@example.org We may charge a fee in accordance with applicable law for this service.
Moreover, as set out in locally applicable personal data protection law, you may have the right to: (i) request access to your personal data; (ii) request rectification of your personal data; (iii) request erasure of your personal data; (iv) request a restriction on the processing of your personal data; (v) request personal data portability; or (vi) object to the processing of your personal data.
- Right of access. You may have the right to obtain from us a confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to your personal data. The information about personal data processing includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed, etc. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. Further, you may have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data undergoing processing. For additional copies requested, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to rectification. You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal data made complete, in particular by providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten). Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to require us to delete your personal data.
- Right to a restriction on processing. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to require us to restrict the processing of your personal data. In this case, the respective personal data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to personal data portability. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit these personal data to another entity.
- Right to object. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to their particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data.
These rights can be exercised via the email address email@example.com
Changes to this Policy